The factory was founded by the potter Jens Michael Andersen, who's 4 sons were all trained potters, working at the factory. At the beginning production was mainly of kitchen ware and models of works from associated artists, Greek vases and antiquated pots.
The oldest son Daniel Folkmann Andersen (1885-1959) was the most creative and artistic of the four and from 1905 he put his stamp on the artistic development of the factory. He introduced decorative animals and plants. Lead majolica glazes in 4-5 colors were employed, typical of the Art Deco style of the time. In the 1920s his brother Michael Ejner Andersen introduced the Majolica series "Dania" and "Kobolt", also in the Art Deco style. In 1935 Daniel Andersen's innovation "the Persia Technique" received the gold medal at the World Exhibition in Brussels.
In 1890s the factory used the stamp "Michael Andersen" in gothic lettering. 1916-1930 the same name was stamped in Latin letters and from 1930 the "3 herings" mark (the Town of Roenne's Coat of Arms) was used. Some items can be marked "C.V. Kjaer", a merchant in Copenhagen, who ordered ceramics after his own sketches with relief decorations. Today the factory has only a limited production of a few items.