Aluminia

The Aluminia Faience factory dates back to the year 1862, when it was founded by August Schiøttt (1834 - 1863). In 1868 Philip Schou took over the factory and moved production to Frederiksberg. In 1882 he bought the Royal Copenhagen Porcelain Manufacture and the two companies merged into one. The production of faience continued quietly in the shadow of the burgeoning interest for the industrial porcelain produced by Royal Copenhagen. It enjoyed sucess from 1901 - 1928 under the artistic direction of Chr. Joachim (1870-1943) and Harald Slott-Møller (1864-1937). They created the significant Danish Skonvirke works in the coloristic Art faience of Aluminia. Later, Nils Thorsson took the manufacture forward into a new and final era covering the period 1928-1969.

+ 33 (0)1 43 33 20 12